BEING OUTDOORSY MAKES YOU LIVE LONGER

ISN’T the sunshine glorious? I was bushwalking with the Girl Guide unit on Saturday. They’re a plucky lot. Only five of my 17 girls were up...


ISN’T the sunshine glorious? I was bushwalking with the Girl Guide unit on Saturday. They’re a plucky lot. Only five of my 17 girls were up for an early morning walk but, boy, was it an adventure. I’ve seen grown adults grumble over this walk – and their legs are a might longer than my youngest charges.

After the walk, I dug over garden plots and was at the nursery today picking over what I want to put in this week. I always have a plan to find this and that – usually what I’ve spied on Gardening Australia or in a magazine somewhere – but invariably I come home with a selection of mismatched odds and ends that took my fancy. Truth be told, I buy more plants from car boot sales and fetes than from a nursery. I am even half thinking of doorknocking my suburb, secateurs and trowel in hand, and asking for cuttings.

Go on, you’d give me a snippet of something if I came knocking, wouldn’t you? Think of it as the gift of life. Being outdoorsy makes you live longer, ya know.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Love morning walks. This winter I have tried to get out about 7am on weekends for a brice walk before an eggy breaky. I am a big supporter of neighbourhood gleaning and you would be very welcome to take what you want from my place:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I would. Any weeds you are in particular need of at the moment? Actually all my plants are thrifted. If you are quick (or even slw) you might be able to run away with a whole heap of agaves sitting on my front lawn (ahem, weed patch) that were just dumped there the other day by a friend who got them from another friend... Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love free plants! I don't think I have the discipline to buy plants from a nursery - not when there are so many out there begging to be snipped and carried home with me. I would really like some euphorbias though... now wherever could I have got that idea from?

    ReplyDelete