THE FUTURE'S SO BRIGHT ...

A NEW job, new routines, a new school term with new programs for the Girl Guides, new craft projects, new veggies to plant, new recipes ...



A NEW job, new routines, a new school term with new programs for the Girl Guides, new craft projects, new veggies to plant, new recipes to try out on the family ... there’s a lot of new. There’s a lot of the old stuff too. I’m not one for ditching the old stuff to make way for the new. It’s a bit like wiggling one more bum on to the couch, there always seems to be a bit of give and everyone fits – until the couch collapses, of course.

Anyhoot, rambling aside, I’ve a few pairs of sunnies, almost all of them with prescription lenses that I can’t see through and I haven’t the spare cash or inclination to have my lenses fitted. There was much excitement when I handed a mere $2 over for these RayBan Chicago-style sunglasses, sans prescription, at my neighbourhood Vinnies a couple of weeks ago’. They make up for missing out on the pale pink Jonathan Sceats sunnies at Rozelle Markets a month or so back. I had just the right amount of coin left at the end of a day of rummaging and went to buy them but some lucky bargain-hunter had already snapped them up. These are better, I think. I feel all Molly Ringwald in them.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Wow - love them! What a bargain! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so cute & so hot right now! great score. good luck performing all those new dance moves - i'm sure u'll pull it off in style at the very least! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost sounds like spring has hit with all the new ventures going on in your life...

    What a great find those sun glasses were... very hip.

    Thanks for your well wishes on my blog... we're all feeling a lot more lively today after a better nights sleep, we made to 3am without a wake up... yeah.

    Hopefully the sun will keep shining for the weekend.

    Hop you have a great one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes... this 'not ditching the old stuff' thing just makes me believe even more (in reply to your comment) that we are the same person existing in parallel universes...

    ReplyDelete