THERE’S A PARCEL FOR YOU

ISN’T it a wonderful thing to receive an unexpected parcel in the mail? And I don’t just mean an eBay purchase you’d forgotten about, I mea...


ISN’T it a wonderful thing to receive an unexpected parcel in the mail? And I don’t just mean an eBay purchase you’d forgotten about, I mean really out-of-the-blue, serendipitous acts of kindness. The lovely Fran, of Miss Alison Regrets, has just started at News Limited and tracked me down through the internal mail system to send me this fabulous creation – created just for me. I kid you not. The brooch is probably a good 15cm wide - just the kind of accessory statement I like. Bold. “Dramatic” to quote from my recently purchased high school sewing textbook – dated 1960. And golly, if we’re going to go all 1960s, I’ll match a pair of pale pink stockings for tone. Damn her. That Fran’s got me blushing – literally. She’s just way too good.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. What a lovely and thoughtful gift. Suprise packages are the best!

    I can't see any font problems - I'm browsing using Firefox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see a problem with your font either. A surprise definitely makes you feel all warm inside.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same font problems once before from mucking around with html when I know nothing about it. I ended up working out the post where things effed up and deleting and reposting it. I'm sure there's an easier way though!
    P.S. Cute brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet, sweet surprise! I like big statement brooches aswell.

    you did ask me last week about the fonts, I must confess, I did what flying carpet did above and played with the fonts in html, now it is very annoying, but all my doing.
    hope you get it sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't see any font problems either.
    And what a LOVELY surprise! That's a heart-filler, that one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! Lucky you :)

    Can't see any probs – blogger doesn't like me anyway as I'm a wordpress gal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! Your blog looks OK from where I'm sitting - I'm typepad so I can't be of much help unfortunately. Sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Internal mail presents are a rae things as , for me, they are usually something a bit boring... what a lovely suprise!

    ReplyDelete
  9. using internet explorer, there's no problem at all with your font!

    (my new op-shop blog:
    http://opshopdiaries.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh, Katie, you've made me come over all shy and embarrased. What a lovely thing to say! I'm so glad you like it, and I LOVE that you are wearing it with pink tights!
    Fran x

    ReplyDelete