PINK IS PEACHY

WHEN Fran sent me her gift , she said she recalled I’d been drawn to a couple of dresses of a watermelon tone. It’s true. I’ve never been...




WHEN Fran sent me her gift, she said she recalled I’d been drawn to a couple of dresses of a watermelon tone. It’s true. I’ve never been what I’d call a “pink” girl but I’ve managed to introduce it to the wardrobe of late – most recently a pale pink store-bought cardi and a more definite watermelon-coloured op-shop purchase.

Both are wool and though the store-bought cardi is sound, I did find a teeny hole in the op-shop cardigan. I even held it up to the light to help locate tell-tale pulls and holes. It’s a double knit so I missed seeing it. Now I know it’s there, it’s all I can see. I’ve bought cotton to darn it but what was going to be a warm jacket for work is now a bed jacket, but that’s OK. I find long dressing gowns too fussy to get about in and this will do the job of adding an extra layer before bedtime.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. i'm all pinked out, bubs is wearing my share!!
    shame about the hole but nothing beats an old jumper/jacket becoming part of the pajama wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour. It makes fairly regular appearances in my wardrobe - more in summer than winter, though.

    I'm sure most people wouldn't notice the darning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I agree, you need a good pre-bed cardi! I have a big plush hoodie as a dressing gown replacement.

    Bummer for you though. It looks like it could have been so great. Oh well, now you'll just look super stylish for any late night callers ;)

    (If you live anywhere near me that'll be the twice a week Austar people, grrrr)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pre-bed cardi sounds nice, but I definitely reckon you could get away with wearing that gorgeous cardi to work and no-one would notice the tiny hole.
    Love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer. . . could you move the buttons to cover it?

    ReplyDelete