Digging in my garden On my bookshelf On the box
LET'S BACK TRACK A MOMENTJune 23, 2010
I HAVE a week off and start my new job at the end of next week. I had so many plans for this week and already the sun has set on Wednesday...
I HAVE a week off and start my new job at the end of next week. I had so many plans for this week and already the sun has set on Wednesday - hump day. So gee, let's see what have I been doing with the past few days.
- I saw Deborah Conway and Willy Zygier perform this time last week.
- My folks came to visit and we went for a short bushwalk, had coffee overlooking the water and fishing boats, ate fish and chips at the fishing co-op and ate way too much jam slice.
- I've been wearing this new-to-me T-shirt handed down to me by Ping.
- I've said my goodbyes and received flowers, lovely words and trinkets from the folk here and here.
- I saw the new Sex and the City 2 movie. Can't say I will spend any time raving about it here. Disappointing? One big ad? Too right it was.
- I've watched Bright Star and have The Edge of Love ready to watch tomorrow.
- I bought the new series of Mad Men. Not sure how soon I'll get to it, I feel my quota, and tolerance, for movie-watching has expired.
- I am reading The People of Paper for my book club.
- I visited an artist whose work I've admired for the past two years and bought one of her paintings. I just emailed her and asked if I could. It seemed bold at the time but I'm glad I did.
- I've abandoned cooking sweet treats and brushed off the bike and hand weights instead.
- I've been op-shopping. Der!
- I've divided iris, moved plants and struck new ones for the garden and now the winter solstice is behind us, I am dreaming of spring plantings.