NEW READING GLASSES

THEY were $3 from Vinnies. I liked the square frame, the tortoiseshell detail and even with my prescription lenses fitted, they’d be less ...



THEY were $3 from Vinnies. I liked the square frame, the tortoiseshell detail and even with my prescription lenses fitted, they’d be less than half the price of a new pair. Should I? I’ve done it before?

The books were picked up after a visit to my neighbourhood book exchange on Saturday. There is nothing as satisfying as walking into a store with your read books, scouring the shelves while your “credit” is calculated and walking out with new stories. And not a single penny changes hands. My picks included Rumer Godden’s The Greengage Summer and Doris Lessing’s http://www.dorislessing.org/ first novel, The Grass is Singing.

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Now they are very spunky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are fantastic...cant believe your lens fitted...great photo too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new spectacles are delicious.
    I have done the same thing, I bought a vintage pair bifocals from my local op-shop for 3 NZ $ and had them fitted with my prescription, pretty and one of a kind. It's one of my new favourite things to look out for in opshops! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love a re-purposed bargain! Now, about that uber lovely tea cup & saucer, is it Limoges?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good book exchange - nice work! I'm loving the tea cup and saucer too, what a delicious yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the shape..I need a new pair myself. i'm psyching up to go bigger & more round.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goodness, yes! Particularly with all that stylish reading to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great find & very stylish indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are v nice but i really LOVE the granny specs from your earlier haul, they seem just that bit edgier. can we have a comparison shot? please? wish we have a book exchange here - fab idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh find - I must say I saw the 'greengage summer' and I just drooled - I grew up with greengages and they are so yummyu - just don't see them any more...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never thought to check out the glasses in op shops! I must from now on, those frames are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really are the op-shoppery queen.

    Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome!
    the cheapest i paid was for a pair of CHLOE lilac frames from Ebay $20...then spent a fortune on the prescription glass but still, lasted me a good 5yrs...i recently forked out $600 for a pair and I hardly wear them as i love my contacts - ridiculous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i still can't get over what luck you have when op shopping.

    ReplyDelete