KATE FOR KATIES

Remember Katies ? When it was good? Some’ll say it’s still good. I don’t know, I haven’t stepped foot inside one for decades. Katies was wh...


Remember Katies? When it was good? Some’ll say it’s still good. I don’t know, I haven’t stepped foot inside one for decades. Katies was where my mum shopped when I was a wee one. There was that and a Suzanne Grae in town – and a Fashion Flair, but that’s another story. My memories are of hanging about waiting for her to try things on, or of her holding things up to me I wouldn’t have been seen dead in. No way. Now it seems every piece of op shop gold I pull off a rack has a Katies label in it. This is old-school Katies, no new stuff. Who knew?

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I haven't stepped foot in Katies for about 10 years. They went all granny/nana (but not in a good way if you know what I mean)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah - I have some great katies gear from my mum - she was so sad when they stopped being cutting edge! (she is, of course, 70!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But on principal I still squish up my nose and frown as I check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a great katies dress from an op shop too! maybe circa 1970's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this top - it looks fab. What a great buy. I must keep my eyes peeled, but my op shop just has genuine CRAP.

    As for Fashion Flair.. Shudder shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great top, reminds me of one I used to have! So when did Katie's stop being trendy? I must've moved to Oz after then!

    ReplyDelete