WE LOVE YOU NIGELLA

NIGELLA Express has revolutionised cooking at my place. My eldest step-daughter bought me the book for my birthday – at my request, bles...




NIGELLA Express has revolutionised cooking at my place. My eldest step-daughter bought me the book for my birthday – at my request, bless her. Already I’ve whipped up a dip, soup and this weekend an ice cream cake for my step-son’s birthday with accompanying chocolate-peanut butter fudge sauce.

In the same week I was given Nigella’s weighty, guilt-free bible of no-fuss recipes, I picked up a culinary dictionary dating back some 50 years from the op shop. Calf's-foot soup anyone? Ergh, give me Nigella any day. Actually, the only thing Nigella-esque about the second acquisition was the beautifully manicured hand, holding a ladle or some such cooking implement, on the cover.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. For half a second there, I though Nigella was doing a voluptuous take on calf’s foot soup. And the bottom nearly fell out of my world. Thank heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Nigella too - I have been watching her "Express" programme on the ABC for the last 8 weeks or so - right up my alley. Fast and easy cooking that even a cooking idiot like me can make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm Nigella, makes everything sound & taste wonderful...maybe not calf's foot though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!!!! and happy baking :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would like to be more like Nigella. Yep. I have a pretty big girl-crush on her, I think...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a girl crush on Nigella too! She is freakin awesome! I have been watching alot of Nigella re-runs on Foxtel lately....her shows make me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, your old book find reminds me of a book my mum gave me recently that she found while she was clearing out her things. It had all sorts of "traditional recipes", including one for brawn which starts with: half a pigs head (brains removed), pigs trotters...! How things have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post was just cruel. I've been thinking about this sauce since you posted it - think it might have to be a weekend treat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh we are all Nigella devotees here too.
    I was recently given 'The domestic Goddess' and we're steadily, blissfully munching our way through it. It's the closest I've ever felt to actually being a domestic goddess. Looks like I've another great book to add to my wish list. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. A friend once cooked an amazing prawn curry from a Nigella summer themed cook book. It was one of the best I have tasted. Must try to hunt it down sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im a bit in love with Nigella and that book in particular - have you tried the double chocolate cookies?? So scrummy. There's a mushroom linguine in there Im obsessed with too.... good to see another Central Coast Gal in blogland!

    ReplyDelete