BOTTOMS UP

HOW good is it to have a pizza base in the freezer for a quick and easy family-friendly meal? I’ve stumbled upon the Australian-made Quat...




HOW good is it to have a pizza base in the freezer for a quick and easy family-friendly meal? I’ve stumbled upon the Australian-made Quattro’s pizza bases, but if I have time will make my own. These pics were from bases I whipped up a few weeks ago when the numbers expected at dinner kept growing. I used Donna Hay’s recipe from her Seasons cook book – a Christmas present. This week, though, I took the lazy option and topped a Quattro’s base with leftover satay chicken, mango chutney, olives, leftover pesto, roasted capsicum (bought when I spent a day here) and home-grown rocket. ‘Twas good. Really good.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. mmmm, i think that's what we will be having on the weekend!
    i definitely need the seasons cookbook.

    p.s the letter stamps I used for my spoon labels were from ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm love-hate relationship with home-made pizza bases in this italian household..S has got too good and efficient at it, and they keep cropping up a bit too often...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a good pizza base recipe - I also got this book for Christmas. Will definitely give that recipe a go. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I was missing something obvious. Who would have thunk a back up pizza base in the freezer could be the organisational key? (I seriously expect that it is).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I got Season's for Xmas too! It is my favourite cookbook!! Aren't the images amazing!Have fun cooking up a storm:)

    ReplyDelete