KEEN AS A HYPERCOLOR T-SHIRT

SO, the Powerhouse Museum opened The 80s Are Back last weekend and I am keen as a hypercolor T-shirt to see it. I’ve loved seeing the 1980...



SO, the Powerhouse Museum opened The 80s Are Back last weekend and I am keen as a hypercolor T-shirt to see it.

I’ve loved seeing the 1980s come back around in the fashion world. A few times I’ve been so utterly surprised by how close some collections have been to what’s been done before.

These images, taken from Mary Spillane’s The Complete Style Guide, published in 1991, are apparently classic “Eurochic” and “creative” types. Of the “creative” collection, the dress centre right is close to what pretty much every budget teen outlet is flogging, and if you peer into Witchery and Cue at the moment, it’s all about the “Eurochic”.

You Might Also Like

3 comments