PLAYIN' WITH PAPER

YOU can probably tell - what with all the paper doll wardrobe pieces - that I had a thing for paper dolls when I was a wee girl. I also...


YOU can probably tell - what with all the paper doll wardrobe pieces - that I had a thing for paper dolls when I was a wee girl. I also liked those books of push-out-and-make village scenes. I had one that was a northern hemisphere Christmas scene, complete with trees and park benches and people all dolled up in their winter finery.

Matte Stephens’ illustrations remind me of those press-and-play paper scenes and have me hankering to draw the little strip of shops in my small coastal suburb. Hmmmm, I have more ideas than I can manage just now.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. i LOVE these kinds of illustrations.

    Lola loves paper dolls and has definitely had a few sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mum used to buy them for me when I was ill in bed.....so they have great sentimental value....I try to root them out in car boot sales and charity shops......i love the ones you're making..:o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember a big mat with houses, and roads drawn out and we played with little cardboard model cars.

    Then this shit of a kid came over and wrecked it within a few minutes.

    I was so angry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i adore this street scene! couldn't resist trying it out as a desktop wallpaper.. a keeper! so i kinda nicked it without asking, sorry. i'm sneaky like that.

    but i'm not all bad, i wish i could somehow project it onto the tarp covering my friend's window so she could have a view again. i love surprising people but my plans tend to be too elaborate to pull through. only on the silver screen, i suppose...

    ReplyDelete