STILL SAMOA BOUND (GET IT? BOUND?)

I CAN’T believe how fast the past couple of months have flown by. I signed up for Michelle’s bookbinding class and suddenly, bang, there ...



I CAN’T believe how fast the past couple of months have flown by. I signed up for Michelle’s bookbinding class and suddenly, bang, there I was. That was yesterday and at the end of this week I am on leave for two weeks and off to Samoa soon after. Yes, yes, I am still going. The family I am staying with happened to be in Australia at the time of the Pacific tsunami and are, as a result, safe and well. Lots to do between now and then though, like learn to use the digital SLR I bought last week (eeek) and peruse the NSW Guild of Craft Bookbinders workshop schedule.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. waaahh! i want to go to a bookbinding class! it sounds crazy cool! i'm liking that first book!!! have fun on you trip and be safe please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow awesome looking bookbinding!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New SLR - that's very exciting news! Have a great time away, although I am sure it will be tinged with sadness given the recent events there. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book turned out great! Loved your creative choice of papers too :)
    I see that the unwieldly ball of bookbinding thread made it into the background of your photo... darn thing, it's still an eveil tangle I'm working through.
    Glad you enjoyed the class. Next one's on December 13 (same time, same Erskineville venue) if anyone's keen.

    ReplyDelete