DO BIRDS OF A FEATHER ...

SPEAKING of Bridbird , I bought three of her Gocco prints before she headed home to Belfast. A magpie, satin bowerbirds and peacock. Funn...



SPEAKING of Bridbird, I bought three of her Gocco prints before she headed home to Belfast. A magpie, satin bowerbirds and peacock. Funny, she assumed I was from Melbourne. I’m not, but a lot of authors of blogs I read, and who read mine, think I am. Why is that? What assumptions have you made about a fellow blogger that turned out to be ill-founded? It’s got me pondering.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I'm not sure that I've assumed, but lots of people assume that I am very nice. Then they meet me in person... boy did they get that wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps those hot Melbourne girls are great at community and advertising. I must say I have a similar vision of Aussie bloggers unless they specifically push where the come from, eg Tassie or Brisbane and the odd South Australian. NSW definitely is not strong on identity from my perspective. It could be remedied but might be hard because NSW is ranged along the north and south coasts plus city, huge distances to travel, etc whereas in Victoria all roads lead to Melbourne and it is only around 4 hours from almost anywhere in that state. Just a few reasons. Cherrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are wonderful prints. Have been enjoying and admiring for a while now. It funny most of the time I don't make assumptions as I do like the mystery of not knowing if people are close or far etc. You always pick up hints along the way - references to place or images of landscape or architecture but still I don't always actively piece these together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure why people assume you are in Melbourne. That's so funny because when I look at your photos of your local area it so doesn't feel like Melbourne. You clearly get too much rain :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha...I too have no idea but assumed you were in Sydney...hmmm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was SURE it was Melbourne or at least Victoria. Don't know why...

    ReplyDelete