TIME TO SHARPEN THE PENCILS

DEBORAH, of Kickcan and Conkers , posted about the work of British artist Ruth Green . I get so excited when I see work like this, not only...


DEBORAH, of Kickcan and Conkers, posted about the work of British artist Ruth Green. I get so excited when I see work like this, not only because I find its simplicity and style so refreshing, but because it gives me hope about my own na├»ve doodling. I get artists block about my own work and go for months without opening a sketch pad because I think it’s just so raw and unfinished and blah. I’m untrained and a bit of a perfectionist (noooo, really, I’d have never guessed) so beat myself up about what’s on the page, or not on the page, as the case may be. Thanks Ruthy, if I can be so bold, I’ll drag the sketch pad out this weekend.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. ohhh love the whimsy and nostalgia these creatures evoke. excellent inspiration. i wonder if she looks at pieces she has thrifted for her inspiration. am sure there would be all sorts of creatures mooching round your house from the 60's and 70's that could become muses. can't wait to see what you end up producing xxu

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. and inspiring! All i need now is time and a free hand!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really need to get back into drawing...im feeling rusty not having picked up a pen/marker in 2weeks...one blogger friend who lives in NYC suggested I go to Central Park with her sketch group but we had something on that day...hey are you still going to Samoa, so tragic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for you I completely get what you are saying. I hope you have a drawing filled weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, glad you liked Ruth Green's work - funny because I posted some more of her lovely prints yesterday! Go for it, that's what I say, I'm also feeling really inspired by all the amazing artwork I keep finding, time to be bold!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm with you, i love these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best with your new found inspiration!!! So great to stumble across new exciting things like this isn't it?

    ReplyDelete