TIME TO SHARPEN THE PENCILS

DEBORAH, of Kickcan and Conkers , posted about the work of British artist Ruth Green . I get so excited when I see work like this, not only ...


DEBORAH, of Kickcan and Conkers, posted about the work of British artist Ruth Green. I get so excited when I see work like this, not only because I find its simplicity and style so refreshing, but because it gives me hope about my own naïve doodling. I get artists block about my own work and go for months without opening a sketch pad because I think it’s just so raw and unfinished and blah. I’m untrained and a bit of a perfectionist (noooo, really, I’d have never guessed) so beat myself up about what’s on the page, or not on the page, as the case may be. Thanks Ruthy, if I can be so bold, I’ll drag the sketch pad out this weekend.

You Might Also Like

7 comments