RECIPE FOR DISASTER

IT’S all about this weekend’s Girl Guide camp here in katiecrackernuts land. I need to pack my own bag tonight, shop for the last minute bit...


IT’S all about this weekend’s Girl Guide camp here in katiecrackernuts land. I need to pack my own bag tonight, shop for the last minute bits and pieces for the camp crafts and games and by noon tomorrow I’ll be knee deep in canvas and jute rope selecting tents and kitchen shelters.

Life before and during camp looks and feels like this vintage Charley Harper illustration found after Handmade Romance introduced readers to the late artist’s work earlier this month. Intrigued I jumped from blog post to Google search through a few more blog posts and and straight to the family’s studio site. This pic sums up the mood at work and at home, because even as one prepares for a Girl Guide camp, there is still fulltime work, the family to feed and keep clean clothes up to, and a house and garden to keep in some state of order (and there's one down with a vomiting bug). Let me tell you, tempers are frayed.
Image source: scrubbles.net

You Might Also Like

6 comments