LIONS AND TIGERS AND BEARS! OH, MY!

ACTUALLY, there were no lions or tigers at Taronga Zoo on Saturday. The Girl Guides and I did have a chance to zip around the zoo after F...


ACTUALLY, there were no lions or tigers at Taronga Zoo on Saturday. The Girl Guides and I did have a chance to zip around the zoo after Friday night’s bivouac and saw plenty of early morning activity, but no lions or tigers. We did see the zoo’s newest edition, baby Thai elephant Luk Chai. My unit raised more than $760, which is divided between the NSW association of Girl Guides Australia and the zoo - more than the measly $6 I gave the Salvos for this assembly of wooden safari animals.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Very envious that you got to see the new baby elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done - hope the swag was cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. $6 for those lovely animals and a view of the baby elephant... what a trip to the zoo! I'm very envious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooooooo? Six bucks you say? Gold that is.

    Congratulations for making it through the zoo sleep out, seemingly unscathed...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the zoo - cant wait to see the new baby elephant but the Giraffes are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an advnturous girly u r! bet it was a late night. hope the swag was worth the investment and that u slept in style. nice work with the cute wooden animals, they would b v popular round here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realise there were no lions or tigers at Taronga. Oh dear! I am obviously way past due for a visit.
    I can remember refusing to ride the elephant the first time I visited there when I was a girl in the early 70s. Dang. Won't get that chance in Sydney again! I even saw a polar bear there that day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! well done...and what a bargain! Oh and there's nothing wrong with going soft...seems to happen as we get older ;). Sounds like enormous fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like fun! I haven't visited the zoo for a long time.

    But honestly, what I really wanted to say is: I love the wooden safari animals you got!! :p

    p/s Thanks for dropping by my little blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really love this sweet little collection!

    ReplyDelete