I'VE GONE SOFT

THE newly-purchased swag and I head out for the first time tonight. Each year Girl Guides from across NSW sleep put under the stars at Tar...


THE newly-purchased swag and I head out for the first time tonight. Each year Girl Guides from across NSW sleep put under the stars at Taronga Zoo. There's something like 1000-plus girls and their leaders at this event and we squish into a park-like space overlooking Sydney Harbour. We take our own snacks and a sleeping bag and that's about it. We sleep in what we wear to the event and walk about the zoo in the same get up the next day. This year I bought a swag rather than battle sleeping on cold cement or bark chip - as I have done the past two years. Yep, I've gone soft - and I'm lovin' it.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. first of all, 10 points for being a guides leader. that is inspirational. i still remember thinking at age 12 what made the women who led me at brownies/guides spend their time with us?
    and i don't think you've gone soft. swags are something to be proud of. and i've been looking for one for months. i know this isn't really the point of your post, but do you have any tips on the swag front?

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds like a special evening - I love Taronga - its in such a beautiful location. And hey nothing wrong with being a softie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exciting!

    My Ivy is two, and I look forward to her becoming a Brownie... I have such sweet memories, myself. I never thought of being a leader though - hmmm, will sock that away to marinate.

    Have fun - you can meet the new elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good on ya!! An Aussie born and bred and I've never been to Taronga Park Zoo, there's no excuse for that at 56.Hope to see it in the future, not quite the way you are though.

    ReplyDelete