GIVE 'EM THE BOOT

MY favourite pair of boots and I have parted ways. On good terms, mind you. They stood by me – and held me up, let’s be honest. They were a...


MY favourite pair of boots and I have parted ways. On good terms, mind you. They stood by me – and held me up, let’s be honest. They were a little too high in the heel and did occasionally propel me into the arms of unsuspecting bystanders, but it was all in fun. They were just right with jeans, great with skirts, good with tights and not adverse to a chunky pair of sock when my toes were a wee bit cold. That was then. This is now. They sprang a leak, an irreparable, too-far-gone, should-have-noticed-earlier-but-was-in-denial leak. Thankfully I bought them for next to nix at an op shop years ago and have had my wear of them – as quite clearly the owner before me had. It was time to give them the old heave ho. Boots, you were loved. Rest in peace.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. RIP favourite boots, long live the new boots who will surely follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sad day indeed to part with dearly beloved shoes. RIP....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair like that - a bit too high and a bit dog-chewed. No leakage yet but will be sadly missed the day that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could always cast them in bronze so you can remember them always?! Or you could wear them in non-leaky weather? (they look too good to go!)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP, gorgeous boots. You are in great company in retired fashion heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww What a bugger...They look fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, that's a sad one - they were truly lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh! Know the feeling well. I had a pair of shoes (not boots) that grew a crack that couldn't be fixed. I was so sad when the shoe guy said nope, no way could he save them. I bought them originally in Spain so there was a big emotional attachment. I still remember how my arms shook as I tossed them into the bin.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry. I know I'll be very sad when the day comes for my favourite pair of boots to go shoe heaven/hell. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. bye bye boots that look like they did a spendid job. hope the next pair is as fab

    ReplyDelete