TIME TRAVEL, SANS MACHINE

I JOINED the Historic Houses Trust at the Fifties Fair last year. It’s been worth the $70 just to get the quarterly magazine Insites and ...


I JOINED the Historic Houses Trust at the Fifties Fair last year. It’s been worth the $70 just to get the quarterly magazine Insites and the events booklet. There are so many things coming up. The Fifties Fair is on August 23. Colonial Crafts: past and present is at Government House on July 4. Patterns of the Past is a peek at the wallpapers, textiles, floor coverings, pattern books and catalogues of the Caroline Simpson Library and Research Collection at The Mint. It’s on August 3. Belle editor-in-chief Neale Whitaker is speaking at RugUp, Government House, on August 5. There is a talk on Mrs Isabella Beeton – the original domestic diva - at Vaucluse House on August 16. And then there’s the tours, exhibitions and museums … Oh, where to start?

Image source: Flickr photo

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. OK. Love your blog and am so coming back - and hearty thanks for the Dumbo Feather reminder - off to resubscribe NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the vintage car! i have no idea what a historic house trust is, but it sounds fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I wanted to thank you for the intern advice you left me on my blog, it was so helpful, and I will definitely keep all your pointers in mind. I'm trying to stay keen ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I love, love being a member of HHT too - it's the best $70.00 I've ever spent! Did you manage to get to the "Shooting Through" exhibition?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good old Neale - its a wonder he has the time now he is a TV star...

    ReplyDelete