PLENTY OF TIME

THE Slow Food movement resonated with me, though it was nothing new in our house. I do tend to cook meals from raw ingredients, including...




THE Slow Food movement resonated with me, though it was nothing new in our house. I do tend to cook meals from raw ingredients, including my own freshly picked herbs and now veggies. The slow fashion movement also resonates. I op shop for pieces that will add colour and variety, and longevity, to my wardrobe.

This week’s Sydney Morning Herald liftout, Essential, ran a cover story on the slow fashion trend, with a glorious 1920s flapper dress as the cover pic – a piece from Beth Armstrong's The Travelling Dress collection.

Picture credit: Tom Gleeson

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. read a another article about this on the age online http://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/fashion/style-without-a-useby-date-20090513-b2kb.html

    v interesting. have been thinking about mixing up my nearly 100% op shop wardrobe with some designer pieces. just afraid that it is impossible for me to like a certain style for long enough to offset the cost? am a fickle thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous! Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love that shawl/cape.

    And slow food - a persian lamb stew has been out there bubbling very slowly for hours. Minnie and I just foraged for some mint by torch light. Great fun for 3 year olds (and 35 year olds...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not really familiar with the slow food movement, but i really like the beaded shawl! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh can you send me the link to the article. how inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely! I hope I've still got that lift out in my pile of papers! The beaded purse is too lovely for words!

    ReplyDelete