MINTY FRESH

OK, I’ve been hanging to tell you. Kelley Sheenan, of Peppermint Magazine , popped up in my inbox a couple of weeks ago and asked me if I’d...


OK, I’ve been hanging to tell you. Kelley Sheenan, of Peppermint Magazine, popped up in my inbox a couple of weeks ago and asked me if I’d like to write a few bits and pieces. Well, der. Of course I would. Kelley’s asked me to write all the cool stuff too: where to go, new music, places to eat and people to meet. I do need your help though.

Peppermint Magazine is a fashion magazine with a squeaky clean-and-green conscious. We want the heads up on your favourite eco finds. It might be a fashion boutique favouring designers working with natural fibres or working to cut waste, or a cafe that has made a commitment to buy local or use only organic produce.

Help Peppermint Magazine tell the world – well, Australia and New Zealand, but I am sure Kelley’s got a world domination plan happening. If you’re up at the Brisbane Stitches and Craft show this week, pop in and check that with her. Say hi from me … we’ve never actually met, or spoken on the phone, for that matter. Tell her I’m nice, and reliable. OK, just go with nice for the moment.

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Hi,
    What a wonderful post!
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate - I'll email you with some Melb eco related info. Great news about the writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is this a central coast thing? my friend Mel has a copy too and she is in copacobana. I have tried 3 newsagents down here on the northern beaches, and they have never heard of it and cant get it in! arrgghhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you include stuff about being eco friendly in your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You were head hunted to write for "Pepperminte"! Gosh! It looks like a fab mag - I'll have to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go past 'MadeIt' and 'Etsy' for great eco friendly stuff i reckon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how exciting and sounds like a perfect match for a super stylish eco warrior like yourself. go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are some great eco shops on Magill Road Adelaide - Rainbow Tree, the organic cafe, ecolateral plus a org butcher, hairdresser and soon a fruit and veg shop - phew! Love the organic fabrics at nest studio adelaide too. So much inspiration as always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh that looks like my kind of magazine - so I just nipped to Borders at lunchtime and bought a copy - its sat beside me on my desk but damn I have to do some work now, will have to wait till tonight to have a good look.

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic news, this is a new fav mag around these parts. if i think of anything will be letting you know x

    ReplyDelete
  11. fantastic news, I'll have to go check out the mag but good luck with writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thats fantastic!! im going to look for this mag - spotted it at Newtown but never bought it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about Fibre Red? She's a great eco-friendly designer.
    As for cafes, every second joint in Melbourne seems to be an organic, free-range, Fairtrade cafe nowadays, but there are some great options--especially the CERES cafe in East Brunswick.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahhhh im so excited for you!! thats fab news!!

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey katie,

    I'm sure you already know about gnostic manna and gnostic everything else in Woy Woy right? Do try the vegan fry up - best you'll ever have. they only use organic stuff and across the road their organic fruit and veg store is brillo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow - cool gig! let me know if you want some Sydney tips...am looking forward to your recipe sharing post. x

    ReplyDelete