IN THE TOP 10

REMEMBER the op shop challenge I took on to wear thrifted and recycled fashion to work for two weeks? It was part of a workplace initiativ...



REMEMBER the op shop challenge I took on to wear thrifted and recycled fashion to work for two weeks? It was part of a workplace initiative to inspire people to cut their carbon footprint. Remember? Well, I am a finalist. Too true. I took the call yesterday. There are 10 finalists. I have won a Dell laptop and now have to extend my challenge to another two weeks to be in the running for the Toyota Prius.

I need your help. If you've read any good articles, in print or online, that quantify the carbon emissions produced by the clothing, textiles and footwear industries I'd be most appreciative. There's some good links that quantify the water used to produce a single white T-shirt, for example, but I'm after figures on carbon emissions. Ta heaps. So excited. Will share the plan for round two with you later this week. There's so much to catch you up on, like the weekend's adventures, a couple of tags and another pic or two from this month's road trip.

While on the subject of the road trip. The knitted vest (above) is the real deal. Handmade in pure wool and done in moss stitch. Who has the patience for moss stitch? The grey has a very soft rose fleck through it and picks up the colour it's worn with - for me that's mostly orange or red. It was $6 at Bargain Hunter, at Queanbeyan.

You Might Also Like

15 comments