LIBRARY MERGER

SO given I have resolved not to buy a new book all year, I must turn to my own bookshelves for inspiration. For years there were shelves...




SO given I have resolved not to buy a new book all year, I must turn to my own bookshelves for inspiration. For years there were shelves dedicated to only my books, and shelves only for the books of my partner. Over time, the library has merged – a sign like no other of two writers' shared life. Mind you, there are a few books I’d happily ditch. Shhhhh.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Mmmm I have been looking at some new books to read, I might have a sticky beak at your 'library' for any tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an impossibly cool and hard resolve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have got so many books that are on my shelves. says a lot about us

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah and it's the CDs too that merge eventually over the years. Isn't it funny when you discover how many of the same books and CDs you both own?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books, CD's, West German Pots, FaceBook Friends .... all common ground for us - though it wasn't always the case!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A year is so long, I really admire you! It's like the 'shop your closet' of the literary world

    ReplyDelete