HITS OF THE '80s

I THINK I've said it before, I am in love with the '80s revival. I keep having these odd flashbacks to items of clothing I'd f...


I THINK I've said it before, I am in love with the '80s revival. I keep having these odd flashbacks to items of clothing I'd forgotten I'd owned, or coveted. I was a tween and early teen in the '80s, so on the cusp of an awkward awareness of fashion. I'm not sure it ever reached any zenith, but I am certainly there sucking the '80s junk off op shop racks with everyone else.

The skirt is a CUE number, and bloody hard to iron with all those cascading layers. The dress is black with a gold print - a little hard to execute in pencil, but you can see the fabric here.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. too adorable! i love everything 80s.
    well not EVERYTHING, but most things:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your drawings are lovely...just think you can conjure up any item of clothing that you want with your pencil...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ace drawings! i now want that dress. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. send me this dress. please and thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think we can relate to the
    80's...it was a fun time...i heard even shoulder pads are making a comeback haha but so glad the pouffy 'whole can of mousse & hairspray' is not back in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. defo a big sucker for the 80's. these pics leave me wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the 80's and 90's revival! Love the sweater dress, xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love 80's Cue. I love the 50's influence on some of the 80's fashion (loved pretty in pink).Love that roller skates are making a come back too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the 80s - I too was a teen back then and am also really attracted to the 80s look now. The great thing is you can get the authentic stuff in the thrift shops! I love your drawings - so lovely and they remind me of the paper dolls we used to play with in the 70s!

    ReplyDelete