MEET KATE

HER name is Kate. My name is Kate. Can you work out what happened here? Samantha, of Matou En Peluche , posted Kate on her blog and I was ...


HER name is Kate. My name is Kate. Can you work out what happened here? Samantha, of Matou En Peluche, posted Kate on her blog and I was won over by something/someone bearing my name.

When I started this blog, named for the fairytale story about Katie Crackernuts, I never imagined people would call me Katie. Strange not to have thought that through, but I didn’t. I read the story to my stepchildren when they were little, and long story short, they called me Crackers for years. When thinking of names for the blog, it seemed something quirky, but also something personal my mob and I would know about. As it turns out, I don't mind being a Katie.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. What an adorable drawing, Katie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only realised after your emails that you are a Kate and note a Katie. I don't know why but I just assumed the latter. I have a friend called Katie and she does this cute thing when she writes her name: KT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the name Katie Krackernuts:) How great to hear the story of how it came about. love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is absolutely beautiful! I love the illustrations and vintage look to your blog. :)

    - if you would like to view my blogs please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail.

    x Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the drawing is so precious!

    http://anniediamond.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did wonder where the Krackernuts came from, I just thought you where a little nutty, haha.
    but some people have real hangups about there names, but me call me mel or melissa, whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm like Mel, I don't mind if I'm a Jen, Jenny or Jennifer. What I do find interesting is how different names apply to different sections of my life - it's just odd when people from the different sections meet each other and laugh that elsewhere I get called Jenny or vise-versa. So maybe it's good to be a blogging Katie and elsewhere a Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Phew! I was worried you hadn't got her!!! So pleased I popped in - must must add you to my list and then I can pop in more regularly! Thanks so much for the post here! :)

    ReplyDelete