ALL THAT GLITTERS

I IMAGINED something a little more Dynasty when I picked out these clip-on earrings on my op shopping spree , but when I got them home fou...


I IMAGINED something a little more Dynasty when I picked out these clip-on earrings on my op shopping spree, but when I got them home found them a little more Jackie O - the First Lady, not the breakfast radio host. Both pairs were $3 from a Salvos store and the 1950s-60s pattern was picked up for 20c from an animal shelter thrift store. The magazine in the background is the March edition of Australian Vogue. So that’s a pattern from the ‘60s, earrings from the ‘80s (at a guess) and a frock from the noughties.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Glamour from all over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty!!! I used to like silver only and phoo-phooed gold - I thought it was only for old women, which drew a few lines on my mum's face. These days, I've fallen in love with gold - it's such a warming colour, and is very glamorous compared to its much more colder and sophisticated (dare we say snobbish) sister, silver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress pattern. I owe you an email re: the knitting...sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are so fun - great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Digging the 80s earrings! My thrift shop obsession (ok, one of many) are big chunky chain chokers - I joke that they're a cross between Dynasty and Mr. 'T'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. such an elegant idea to tone them down with the jackie o angle. love it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. the dress pattern looks so beautiful and yes, i loved loved that Aussie Vogue floral layout...stunning!!! Oz Vogue has been really great lately...

    ReplyDelete