LIFE WORK STUDY BALANCE

SPEAKING of returning to study, my partner has embarked on a fulltime associate diploma in environmental science. This external study is o...


SPEAKING of returning to study, my partner has embarked on a fulltime associate diploma in environmental science. This external study is on top of family life, fulltime work and a decision last year to volunteer as a National Parks and Wildlife Service discovery ranger.

As a Libran, my darling one has decided to break down the week into manageable chunks. At the moment the scales are tipping very much toward the study.

I am a Piscean and though the family would argue I don’t go with the currents as much as they’d like (funnily enough when being asked to do something beyond their usual leisure time activities) I am just treading water and waiting to see what happens when the scales stop their wild swinging about and some balance is restored.

Though my better half (cough, cough) would never concede it, our lives are ruled by the balance, or lack thereof, of those scales.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. ha ha - Im a Libran and those scales definitely exist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow librarian :-) Only the first meeting will be on a Thursday night. We're looking at rotating Monday, Tuesday, Wednesdays so that everyone can come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Moses! I cannot even fathom trying to stick to a schedule like the one in your pic. I just know what I have to do and more or less manage to do it but have never ever broken it down quite like that. Librans are interesting folks then I take it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am getting the impression that you lot are very energetic multitasking overachievers. sounds like a crazy load, hope you can hang in there and keep all the plates spinning. btw we lot round here are a similar breed the crazy load sounds familiar. goodluck! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh Piscean...a dreamer! goodluck to you both with the new schedule!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, that's it. I've kept my trap shut so far but as the Libran you are all discussing, I feel I must say something. The timetable you have all laughed so hard at was merely a statement of intent. An indication to other household members of what I was planning to do (so they could object if needed). Of course in a family a million trillion things come up that blow this intended pattern to pieces. If I don't have a plan then nothing at all will get done. I am still contributing to family life, doing my fair share of the household chores, taking kids where they need to go, cooking meals and working. Librans are a very maligned breed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fellow Librarian hey:)This is quite a schedule. My libran partner works ft and studies law pt. Our scales definitely get a work out too.

    ReplyDelete