FOLK FAMILY

MY Mum celebrated her 60th birthday on Saturday. The family came together for the occasion, my sister, her husband and son flying from inte...


MY Mum celebrated her 60th birthday on Saturday. The family came together for the occasion, my sister, her husband and son flying from interstate and my partner and I driving the three hours to my folks on Saturday morning. When I arrived my nephew, 4, was playing with these wooden dolls. My sister is there, with her glasses. There’s me – see the names painted on each one – and my Mum and Dad. The nursery was our house. We lived, quite literally, at a nursery, among other things. The car, a Morris Minor, also represents part of the family. Ours weren't in as good a state of repair and sometimes, among the many vehicles my father owned, hard to find.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Nice to have a family get-together.
    I was just curious as to whether like your namesake you are one of the taller members of your family! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee hee. I am the tallest now, but my folks have shrunk. My sister is 10cm shorter than me - and you know me, I'm no towering giant. Bron has a size 5 foot, I'm a 6.5. The size discrepencie is the perspective of the pic - taken as my nephew had them on the table. No rearranging, I had to be quick. Actually I noted today that I seem to be the fattest. True to the time, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday to your mum!! how wonderful...my dad turned 60 last year and we had a great party for him!
    i mentioned your girl guides link and request in my latest blog post

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cool!

    happy birthday to your mum, it must have been great for her to have the whole fam together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow who made them? someone must have adored u guys to put so much effort into making you such special toys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these dolls! I'd love a set like this for our family. It was my Mum's 60th birthday around the same time too. 31st January. My sister flew in from Canada, and we all drove up to the Sunshine Coast. Hope you all had a great time.
    Steph
    Bondville

    ReplyDelete