FEELING BLUE

I’M feeling flat. It’s been a shocker of a week with news of bushfires in Victoria, shark attacks in Sydney, floods north of us in Queensla...


I’M feeling flat. It’s been a shocker of a week with news of bushfires in Victoria, shark attacks in Sydney, floods north of us in Queensland.

I spoke to my fellow Girl Guide leader last night and she’s got a crazy amount of personal stuff going on and can’t be a Guide leader at the moment. It leaves me with no one to leave the unit to at the end of this term.

Then this morning my office heard the news we all knew was coming – transfers will be announced by the end of next month. While jobs won’t be shed, the policy of not replacing workers who leave means there are editorial teams throughout Sydney needing staff. The transfers could mean a daily commute of up to four hours – two hours each way. My partner and I work in the same office so there’s a fair chance one of us, or both, will be on the road and leaving family behind each and every morning.

I know, I know. It could be worse. We could have no home, family members missing, or worse, dead, and no place to go to work. I know.

The photo? The aggies go with the "feeling blue" theme, don't ya think?

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I can empathise with feeling flat. I can't remember such a low start to a year. Hopefully the only way is up for the rest of '09, but at the moment is just feels like a foreboding taste of a tough year ahead. Fingers crossed that things work out better than you (and the rest of us) are currently fearing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing...it's natural to feel flat with all this going on tho...we're only human....hope you get to have a nice weekend and that good things fall into place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That commute would be horrible. I did it from Wollongong to Sydney for work for 6 mths and it nearly killed me. I knew people who did it from Newcastle and I just couldn't fathom how it was possible. But hopefully it won't come to that.

    It's very smokey here today. I've closed all the doors and windows. We had the reddest sunset and moon I've ever seen last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ugh. lots of ickiness. it's ok to feel flat. or frustrated. or mad. hope things start looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, things feel pretty shakey right now, don't they? The world is not in a happy state and it's affecting everyone I know. I hope it won't come to the mad commute and you both get to stay put.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many sad and tragic things happening in the world, it's just awful. But that doesn't mean that you should apologise for the things that are causing you concern personally. I hope things work out with the Guides and the job. I try really hard not to stress about the things that I have no control over, and just go with it.
    And on a lighter note - is that your new 'do' I see in your new photo? How about show and tell?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your flat feeling gets inflated really soon! Here's to better news in the week ahead for you x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh honey poor you. sounds like you guys have even more on your plates than usual. sounds like something is going to have to give? have my fingers crossed there wont be any transfers. hope you guys can find a way to simplify your lives soon. maybe a little well deserved holiday (somewhere with plenty of thriftng potential ofcourse). xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Coastie lady,
    I am from the coast too..xx
    I think we are all still allowed to have down days. I think it is feeling so much pain that is around too. Maybe is just showing you are a good person..xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know things are not right in the world when wonderfully optimistic and positive people like you are blue.
    News about possible transfers at work is just awful. Difficult for me not to have a sense of deja vu...I'm sure its the same for you. You'll be in my thoughts and I'll keep my fingers crossed that you and your partner stay put.
    Hope your blues are starting to clear a little each day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. sending you some love from Canada...have been watching the news and our heart's go out to you all from this side of the world...keep your chin up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes there are terrible things happening in the world at the moment but that doesn't make these sort of things less horrible either. Hope you and your partner can stay put :)

    ReplyDelete