GOOD AS MY WORD

I’VE registered . We’ll be cleaning up the waterway near the Girl Guide hall. There’s a large park and walking path along the waterfront. ...


I’VE registered. We’ll be cleaning up the waterway near the Girl Guide hall. There’s a large park and walking path along the waterfront. There’s a fair bit of rubbish thrown into that area. I’m thinking through ways to make it fun. I think lollies will be involved. I can remember my mum wanted a stack of small stones removed from an area in the garden and she paid my sister and I one cent for each stone removed. It was slave labour but the cash was a motivator – I was about seven, my sister four. I think M&Ms or Freckles might provide similar motivation. I’ll let them sort out the system – they’re very fair and love sorting out that kind of thing. Someone will take charge, someone will be the bookkeeper and someone will dispense the “pay”. A plan is forming.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oooh, reminds me of when I fell off my bike and my parents gave me one Smartie for every piece of gravel they extracted from my knee. Except I'm sure the Clean Up will be much more fun!! A good reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm all for bribeary, sounds like a brilliant plan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh sounds like you have the perfect ingredients. Let me know if you make it to Ani.:)

    ReplyDelete