AND THE KITCHEN SINK

WHEN I was fishing about for these blocks, I found a shoebox box of dolls house furniture that belonged to my mother. The pieces are in ...




WHEN I was fishing about for these blocks, I found a shoebox box of dolls house furniture that belonged to my mother. The pieces are in need of some tender loving care but aren’t they lovely? I didn’t think so as a child. They were handmade for my mother by her father and an uncle, I think. I must ask her. There’s a kitchen sink, with cupboards that open and close, side tables with removable drawers and check out the upholstered lounge suite. The radio did have a program and controls pasted on it but they’ve weathered away. As broken as a few pieces are, I’m glad I have them.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. How gorgeous... and how lucky you are to have these pieces. I love the bedroom furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! those pieces are awesome!! I love the little dresser. Definitely stuff to treasure. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a loungeroom like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolute treasures! What imaginations the makers have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are glorious - what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooooh they are precious. cool loungesuite. certainly beats what toys r us are pumping out of china these days. i think these deserve a special display box with a little illustrated story to pop on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are wonderful . . . I particularly like the lounge suite.
    I love things with such strong family provenance. They are so special and simply priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are truly so sweet! I would love to come for tea...I'm sure you have lovely cups to choose from and sounds like you know how to make the perfect pot!
    Happy weekend!
    xx Trina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - they are incredible. I've just been trawling eBay for dolls house pieces, and yours are fantastic. Treasure them - they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. eeeeeeeeeeek, too beautiful!

    ReplyDelete