ILLUSTRATION FRIDAY - SIMILAR

I LIVED in Vietnam for six months in 2000. I was a volunteer for an Australian aid program and working as a subeditor for an English langua...


I LIVED in Vietnam for six months in 2000. I was a volunteer for an Australian aid program and working as a subeditor for an English language magazine. The cry Same, Same But Different is, I'm sure, uttered by every tour guide through Asia as a means of answering curious tourists questions about this new strange world around them. I never saw it on a T-shirt, but imagine it's out there somewhere.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Nice line detail and texture. I like the wood grain. Nice blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your line work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i like this illustration!!! the detail is fabo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your delicate linework and neat typography. and there is a great story behind the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaah. I remember it well. After my Vietnam experience I couldn't help but say it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great line work! You also have such a nice blog. I'm glad you posted a comment on mine so I find you.
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's on a t-shirt. I've seen it in Thailand. I was in Vietnam the same year you were - isn't that interesting? Great illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely illustration. the woodgrain looks fab x

    ReplyDelete