I HEART NATIVITY SCENES

I MADE this nativity years ago. I copied the design from a craft magazine dating back to the 1970s and carefully painted it. Mine looks a l...


I MADE this nativity years ago. I copied the design from a craft magazine dating back to the 1970s and carefully painted it. Mine looks a little more comical than the original design but that’s OK. I started to embroider another softie design the year after but never finished it. While not a churchgoer, I do like nativity settings, especially the cultural takes on them that come out of South America and Africa.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. these are so much fun - how cool that you painted them!!
    i was suprised to see a huge nativity at our local shopping centre...they went off all that in the past few years...guess its coming back now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I came here from Illustration Friday. You left me a nice comment. I came to see your Christmas Cards and I came across this great nativity scene! I enjoy the painting on the fabric, and their shapes. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's special - I really like your efforts. I like Nativity scenes too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous. I love the hay!

    p.s. thanks so much for your congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg that looks so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Feeling stirrings of wantingness.

    (I'm here via suse in the soup, Kate Crackernuts is my favourite fairy tale/folk tale ever so I had to pop by...and it just so happens I have The Divided Heart teetering over my head when I sleep on my 'to read' pile).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too, I love nativity scenes and have only done church time for weddings and funerals. I want one! I love yours. I'm eyeing off the Alessi one with all members of the congregation nestled inside a egg-like pod. Maybe Santa may read this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! I wish my painting skills were better so I could make one too. Joseph looks a lot like one of my friends!

    ReplyDelete