SPICK SPECS

I PAID $3 for this pair of 1960s glasses at an op shop earlier this year. The optometrist laughed when I asked whether they could be fitted...


I PAID $3 for this pair of 1960s glasses at an op shop earlier this year. The optometrist laughed when I asked whether they could be fitted with my lenses. While making no bones about the fact he thought they were ugly, he humoured me and, da da, here they are with my lenses. They’re bold and people do tend to stare at me, or do that kinda double-take thing, but I like them, ugly ‘n’ all. And, I think, the optometrist has a new-found respect for me. He’s gone from ribbing me about my taste to being in awe of my wearing them. In public.

This post is dedicated to Vegan and Vintage. Tell the mean girls to sod off.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wow! Thank you!!!

    I think your glasses look super cute,

    I was recently inspired by amazing old photos of my mother-in-law in cat's eye glasses and have been looking for a pair to get my lenses fitted to.

    I only wear glasses for reading but usually forget to pop them on, I think a pair like your's would make me more likely to remember!

    Hollie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're fabulous! I often check out old glasses at the oppy but I've always wondered whether the optometrist would actually let me use them. Thanks for the tip...I'll be on the hunt for cool frames now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever idea Kate! They look smashing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i like them and think they look great on you! good for you lsu you've saved all that money too so that can only be a good thing right?...reminds me I need a new pair of glasses myself...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So there you are! And in the cutest frames imaginable.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great!

    They'd fit in Melbourne very well, mind you - plenty of girls and boys walking around with very bold glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katie, I left a comment about your fab glasses last week, but it must have been lost in cyberspace... I love your new specs and I think they mark you as a stylish and confident woman!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are friggin fantastic! I LOVE them. And you wear them so well. Thanks for shout out too my love! I'm just about to eat another salad just like that!

    ReplyDelete