GIRLS' OWN ADVENTURES

I HAVE a small collection of old Girl Guide books. They’re interesting, and often handy, resources. Girls will be girls, it seems, and muc...



I HAVE a small collection of old Girl Guide books. They’re interesting, and often handy, resources. Girls will be girls, it seems, and much of the adventures haven’t changed since a group of girls joined a Boy Scout rally nearly 100 years ago and said they wanted to muck about and go camping, hiking and adventuring too. I confess, too, that I love the illustrations.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. i love this vintage of illustration, makes me all nostalgic for the books my mum passed onto me. so many horse books. great to hear that girls are still happy to break free and muck around despite the crappy image based sexualised culture they are immersed in these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great collecting idea. I'm trying to collect Girls Annual type books but your Girl Guides books are winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are wonderful - you should show us some of the illustrations, bet they are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The illustrations are beautiful! I love the thick textured covers on these old books.

    ReplyDelete