AND SALAD TO GO

SUNDAY’S supper was paired with a warm chickpea salad inspired by this lovely lass . I modified it to include fresh lettuce and celery fro...



SUNDAY’S supper was paired with a warm chickpea salad inspired by this lovely lass. I modified it to include fresh lettuce and celery from the garden and as I couldn’t find any dukkah on the supermarket shelves I turned to Outback Spirit’s salt and pepperberry spice mix. I had heard on ABC radio of a desert foods symposium held last week and thought I must look it up. I stirred the pepperberry through a little feta and coriander and found it turned purple. I must remember that next time I make the tarts. The orange, the creamy fetta and the purple would look good together.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I just cooked up a big batch of chickpeas this morning but had no clue what I was going to do with them. I have all of the ingredients for that salad too and it looks great. I think I know what's for dinner tonight now!!

    The plants are easy enough to get at places like Bunnings or large gardening shops. You can buy Venus Fly Traps almost anywhere these days, and cobra lillies are fairly common (they look awesome!). But the carnivorous plant societies sell seeds really cheaply (check out http://www.vcps.au.com/seed.html and http://www.acps.org.au/Seedbank/default.aspx) and they are easy to grow from seed. The societies will give you advice on how to plant them too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! and yum to the post below, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. as usual i pop over here and end up drooling all over the keyboard. yum! i always forget about chickpeas, must add them to my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love a good chickpea salad and the sunday supper looks like a perfect way to end a weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Cool! I'm so thrilled my recipe inspired you to crack out the chick peas! The addition of the crispy greens sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum!! i love chick peas - we eat legumes all the time...i made black eyed bean salad the other day! delish!

    ReplyDelete