WHAT A STINK

I THINK I’d like to have a signature fragrance. The only problem is I have never found a perfume I like. I have always had a bottle or scen...


I THINK I’d like to have a signature fragrance. The only problem is I have never found a perfume I like. I have always had a bottle or scented balm called Krishna Musk lying about. I have two The Body Shop oil perfumes. Dewberry and Indian Gardenia and I wear Perfect Potion’s Eros blend quite a bit. The romantic in me would love to be able to wear the 1921 and 1927 art deco fragrances made by the Chanel and Lanvin houses – Chanel No.5 and Arpege, respectively – but they’re too sweet on me. Does anyone know of a fragrance dating back to that era that is more oriental, citrus or peppery in tone? I sniff and spray away in department stores but come away smelling like fly spray.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. ahh i'm a dewberry girl myself had the same wee bottle for alonnnnnng think i was 15 at the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you might find it too sweet but i love chanel's re-launched 'gardenia' (from the 20's origninally). rich gave me a much longed for bottle after the birth of our first - i have given him some very clear hints i was expecting something good! my other fav fragrance is a uper foxy fig from joe malone.

    btw thank you for your lovely comment on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is a new & updated Chanel No.5...im looking forward to smelling it!
    im more of a floral type myself...ive been wearing 'Summer Hill' by Crabtree & Evelyn, its not too pricey and I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I found that I really loved was years ago... It was called "Scent of a..." from Bodyshop. But then it was discontinued not long after (only 1 bottle in for me), and I've never found anything I like as much ever since :(

    It's not an easy thing to find: your signature scent that is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you might like to check out "Shalimar" from Guerlain. let it sit on your skin for an hour or so...

    it's sort of powdery-oriental, if that makes any sense? I love it.

    I'm also a fan of Samsara (also Guerlain) and the original Prada fragrance

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a whole box of perfumes that I've collected over the years - my firm favourites being Jean Paul Gauliter's classic woman-shaped one and Fragile. (the latter reminds me of vintage perfumes)

    Otherwise, I love perfume oils, especially from this treasure trove I found online - http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/ The sample bottles are shamefully cheap and lasting until you decide which aroma you want.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you tried Tabu or Blue Grass, these date back to this era.

    ReplyDelete