LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION

I SPIED this nesting peewee, or magpie lark, more than a week ago. It’s made a nest in a tree smack bang in the middle of an asphalt car pa...


I SPIED this nesting peewee, or magpie lark, more than a week ago. It’s made a nest in a tree smack bang in the middle of an asphalt car park. It’s there sitting on its nest, and presumably its eggs, every time I walk through the car park. That’s one patient birdie. I’d be bored to snores with all that sitting. I wonder what it thinks while it’s there. It may well be pondering its poor choice of real estate.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love popping along to your blog - its like a regular walk in the countryside. I know this pic is from the carpark but really you wouldnt know, would you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah birdies are funny like this, aren't they? i would be terrified one of my eggs was going to fall out of my nest and smash on to that nasty hard asphalt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My own pregnancy was not unlike this. Due to conplications had to spend most of it on the couch. At least I could knit. Poor bird, doesn't have any opposable thumbs so is bound to get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha poor birdy just sitting there...guess they dont have the stress of human life though, if it all gets too tough they could always just fly off somewhere else!
    nests are amazing dont you think...

    ReplyDelete