CARRY ALL

I PUT off buying a new wallet for months. I endured my cards flying into other people’s trolleys and having to hunt for them under registe...



I PUT off buying a new wallet for months. I endured my cards flying into other people’s trolleys and having to hunt for them under registers. But finally it became too much and I started looking for a replacement wallet. A new wallet has a lot to live up to. It’s got to fit all the contents of the last wallet and it’s got to say something about the owner – in my case my resistance to owning a “nana wallet”. I found one. Gulped at the price tag and told myself it was a long term investment (mind you we’re talking $80 here, not the gob smacking amounts people feel they can charge for wallets). The only problem is I can’t fit the contents of the last wallet into it and am appalled at what I found in the last wallet. Among the things I didn’t even know were there was a business card for Cyber Tart, picked up when I went to the Rose St Markets in March, a key and a bracelet. The key had me stumped for ages, but it’s to the craft cupboard at the Girl Guide hall. The bracelet was a repair job I meant to hand over to a jeweller last year. It needs significantly more work now.

What’s worse is the vessel I carry my wallet about in. Check it out. It’s a smacking big basket. Am I a turtle? Do I need to carry all the contents of my house about with me? It seems I do.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. i love your basket...and your glomesh purse!! i too lug a whole lot of weight on my shoulders, cant help it, I love big totes! im looking for a new summer one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the basket very fine, especially since it's not PLASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never know where life takes you, at least you are prepared!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, I love this post!
    and the metaphor - am I a turtle?

    I feel the same way. It's like I'm preparing to be stranded somewhere. But it never fails, when I clean out my bag I end up stuck on the subway, in a waiting room, etc, etc, with nothing to read and no bag to go through for my amusement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i feel your pain. my purse/handbag is pretty much akin to a homeless man's trolley; random pairs of shoes, old chopsticks, cans of tuna, pieces of string and buttons and thousands of bobby pins...

    conundrum!

    ness x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your basket! - even if it does make you a tad turtle-like. Best to always be prepared, you never know what you might need to stow away!

    ReplyDelete