ACTION GUIDE - IN THE GARDEN

I SPENT time in the garden last weekend. It felt good to be digging out weeds and laying mulch. I have lettuce, tomatoes and celery doing we...


I SPENT time in the garden last weekend. It felt good to be digging out weeds and laying mulch. I have lettuce, tomatoes and celery doing well, along with the usual spring flush of herbs. I referred back to The Personal Action Guide for the Earth to see whether there were any gardening tips, or “actions”, I could take. I’m doing OK. We use waste water from the washing and I pluck pests from the trees where I find them rather than spray. I compost green and vegetable waste and have a diverse array of plantings – no swanky landscaped yard for me. The one thing I don’t do is use heirloom seeds. I’m not that handy with seeds, except for the ones I save myself and replant. I have coriander and tomato seeds for BridBird’s new place. Bridget sent me her address but I’ve lost it. I am a shocker for deleting emails. Bridget, if you’re back from your overseas jaunt, please email me again, or if someone else knows where I can send them, post a comment (not the address – we don’t want Net nasties finding her) and I’ll email you for the details. Ta. Ta.

You Might Also Like

1 comments