NILS, NIX, NADDA, NUTTIN’

I PICKED up The Wonderful Adventures of Nils by Selma Lagerlof at the op shop. I don’t know the story, or the author (inside it says she...



I PICKED up The Wonderful Adventures of Nils by Selma Lagerlof at the op shop. I don’t know the story, or the author (inside it says she was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1909), but liked the printed cloth cover. It reminds me of Lara Cameron’s Houses and Bicycles print. I also liked how it felt to hold. The pages are soft, but heavy, and there is no smell of stale cigarettes, which would suggest it came from a smoke-free home – pretty rare, I'm guessing, for 1956, which is the year this edition was published.

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. id be drawn to that too - beautiful!!
    too true about the smoke free home...cant believe some people still smoke inside their homes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would literally MURDER someone for some fabric printed in that pattern..... how gorgeous is that?

    You should wait until it's in the public domain, and then have it printed - yum!

    Leah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is THE most amazing print. I would love to the lengths and lengths of it. Great score.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a sucker for that cover too.
    Let us know how the book reads.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great book. Isn't it great to find a lovely looking and feeling book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my god that is an amazing print! Birds, trees, houses, animals - how can you go wrong? I'm flattered that you likened it to one of mine!

    I love the idea of printing it once it's in the public domain hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Before I read this I immediately thought of Lara's fabric, too! What a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so lucky, what an impressive find! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeap, agree that print is a winner.

    I'll be just browsing on sunday and trying not to drool over all the cool stuff. My sister is coming for the first time so I'm really excited to show it off to her and we are looking forward to getting a hotdog and maybe some fairy floss if we are feeling ok after the hotdog.

    ReplyDelete