EEEK! CAN I DO IT

I AM heading to Melbourne for the second time this year to see the Victoria and Albert Museum’s art deco collection at the National Galler...


I AM heading to Melbourne for the second time this year to see the Victoria and Albert Museum’s art deco collection at the National Gallery of Victoria. I have one day. I arrive on the afternoon of Monday, September 15. I’ll be there all day Tuesday and fly back Wednesday morning. I have checked the programs and the only tour, talk or live event that coincides with when I’m there is a talk on Shanghai in the 1930s. I’ll take it. Has you seen the film adaptation of Somerset Maugham’s The Painted Veil? I am going to read the book in readiness. If anyone else knows of anything else I can squeeze into a flying visit let me know. Brown Owls is on the Monday. Eeek, can I do it? How does one get to Brown Owls HQ from the city?
Image source: Young Girl with Gloves (1929) by Tamara de Lempicka (1898-1980) found on Brian Yoder’s GoodArt Gallery http://www.goodart.org/artoftdl.htm

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. It's me, your frequently commentator again.

    We've just returned from Melbourne and went to the Art Deco exhibition, and really enjoyed it, in particuar the industrial/interior/graphic design.

    I don't know how far Brown Owls is. Maybe ask Pip at Meet Me at Mike's, which is worth the visit by the way (minutes from the city by tram).

    Good luck!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU LUCKY THING! MELBOURNE!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a tram nearby you can catch from the city but not sure of the details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun! I have been wanting to get to that exhibition too. Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...sounds like a FABULOUS time!! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh lucky you! im hanging to go out to Melbourne soon...and Brown Owls too - you have to go! im sure it will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! Have a fantastic time!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find yours. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea what I would do if I had one day in Melbourne, but I'm sure it would be just amazing. I've never been to Australia, not a huge surprise coming from the mouth of a Finn though. Just meeting the brown owls would make my day!

    I'd like to thank you for being such a frequent commentator and for making me smile whenever I read your blog. So there's a little award waiting for you in my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there,
    if you want to get to brown owls from the city, you get to flinders st & jump on the 48- balwyn north tram. I don't know what stop number you need, but just ask the driver or someone who looks friendly for stop 24-Grattan st/Church st. It's the first stop after it turns up church. It will take about 20 minutes on the tram. Then just cross the road & walking in the sam direction as the tram, on the right turn into simpson place. Walk all the way down until you see an undercover carpark. Then go up the stairs & you're there.
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete