WELCOME PACK

WHENEVER I go to my Mum and Dad's I end up bringing home more than I took. I offloaded most of the lemons, the banksia pods, the mags, b...


WHENEVER I go to my Mum and Dad's I end up bringing home more than I took. I offloaded most of the lemons, the banksia pods, the mags, books and other odds and ends I took down, but came back with more op shop finds, books, mags, and some little pressies from Mum, Dad and my sister Bron. This pic, taken late at night before I finally crawled into bed, was what was waiting on the washstand for me. Mum left Ariel by Sylvia Plath and Birthday Letters by Ted Hughes, a 1950s ceramic dancing lady, a posy of violets and one of her handmade ribbon brooches. Bron left a book on vintage clothing and a new diary and Aunty Denise (my Mum's friend of more than 20 years) left a swatch of 1970s fabric. I feel loved.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. oh man, what an awesome collection. i love the brooch, what a great family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love visiting family - I came home from my recent trip with some random 80's knitting books, homemade tomato relish, homemade plum jam, Mum's famous choc chip biscuits, and some local wine. Yum.

    Your family seems about the same - makes you feel lucky, doesn't it?

    And don't even get me started on that antique shop - I'm planning a trip from SA as we speak!

    Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete