THE KITCHEN SHELF

THERE’S a return just above the sink in my kitchen. Four-cup, six-cup and eight-cup Britis tea pots sit there, all of them found in op shops...


THERE’S a return just above the sink in my kitchen. Four-cup, six-cup and eight-cup Britis tea pots sit there, all of them found in op shops and snatched up because everyone knows a tea pot with a copper base is the best kind - and hard to find. In the past week they have been joined by the last of the summer’s tomato crop, what I hope are baby bird of paradise plants – maybe they are, maybe they aren’t, I’ll find out in due time – a pair of secateurs for cutting flowers and herbs and a fold of the banana flower that fell away with tiny pale pink, translucent flowers still attached to it.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. wow, what a beautiful picture! You must be in a much warmer climate than I am!!

    (BTW- the picture you noticed in my last post wasn't by me... it was part of my inspiration board. The image was done by sugarloop.blogspot.com - lovely lovely work. Lots of gocco and other goodness!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are busy in and out of the garden!
    I love the banana flowers...we have way too many banana trees in our yard and this year with the warm weather... big harvests... there's only so much banana cake and smoothies that you can make!
    Thanks for all your lovely comments, they make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete