. . . became this. This weekend was perfect for pulling up the last of the pumpkin and tomato plants and giving the herbs a trim. I was quit...


. . . became this. This weekend was perfect for pulling up the last of the pumpkin and tomato plants and giving the herbs a trim. I was quite chuffed to see Peter Cundall, of ABC1’s Gardening Australia doing likewise in his patch. The weeded garden offered up some surprises. A piece of ginger root I planted last year – to see what happened – survived and has thrown up a ginger plant. The bird of paradise plant has little babies suckering up from the old clump I inherited. There are little Camellias under the sasanqua Camellia and a tomato I thought was lost to the seasons and soil had popped up in a spot I hadn’t been watching for it. I managed to save some seed for next summer. Small joys.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's the perfect time now to plant winter vegies like broccoli, beans, cauli etc. I love watching the vegies grow....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is a great time of year to roll the sleeves up and enjoy the garden. It is very conducive to thinking...I find it meditative. Lucky you finding some nice surprises out there! Do all ginger plants flower?I've seen some very exotic ginger blooms, but not sure if it is the common cooking variety.

    ReplyDelete