THESE are a return to embroidered designs and come from Bangladesh. I have friends who have the most divine quilt stitched in this way. Thes...


THESE are a return to embroidered designs and come from Bangladesh. I have friends who have the most divine quilt stitched in this way. These are more than 10 years old and have faded. They’ve been used and loved because I do try and display the textiles I have. I can’t say I am a collector, but I do try and find textiles on my travels – and yes, baskets and felting and dyed materials are collected as well. Can you see that there isn’t a square inch that hasn’t been stitched? There is a kind of quilting stitch over the whole piece to create an effect that looks like seersucker. Unlike quilting, however, there is no wadding and no backing fabric. It’s just a stitch to create a textured surface.

You Might Also Like

0 comments