MY MAIDEN AUNT

NO, not really a maiden aunt of mine, but after a trip to three capital cities and a comparison against my home state capital I have decided...

NO, not really a maiden aunt of mine, but after a trip to three capital cities and a comparison against my home state capital I have decided Adelaide is the maiden aunt you always loved to visit as a kid. You know, they’d take you to galleries, theatre shows, art and cultural places and you’d eat weird and wonderfully adult things and then be in bed by 9pm, dreaming of life as a grown up. I am not sure that it’s the world’s most flattering description of a city, but it is meant to be affectionate.

I arrived in Adelaide during festival time. Friends Mel and Manoj were my reason for visiting Adelaide, but I planned the trip to coincide with the Adelaide Bank Festival of Arts, the Adelaide Fringe Festival and Writers’ Week. All were glorious and thank you Jenny and Mel for all your wonderful suggestions for art shows and theatre.

You Might Also Like

0 comments